Thursday, February 28, 2008

Lost In Singapore


I am worried, I am very worried....
It was once said that we live in one of the safest if not the safest city in the world.. Seems like the bubble of security was quickly pricked by reality and probably with help from a healthy dose of complacency.

The top guy of JI in custody had escaped, and according to our dear Minister Wong, he escaped on the pretext that he needs to go the toilet during family visitation. Wow, from what I heard, it is now almost 24 hours and he is still at large.... What makes it even more ridiculous is the fact that, he got out... Limping.... You hear right, we are not talking about David blane, David copperfield or X-men, a cripple got out of what was suppose a high security installation.

Makes one wonder how secure we really are.

I used to be able to go about proudly to say to foreigners that they can walk without fear even at night alone... Now, even I am a bit worried about who they let out.

Is this really an isolated incident? I have no idea and I certainly hope so...

It took them 4 hours to disclose this to the public when they realised that someone this high profile is lost and they are nowhere near catching him...

How many more had fallen through the crack..... we have no idea, from what I know, this is far from being the only case of people under custody managed to get out...

With our first class public transport and road that can brings you from one part of Singapore to another in 20 min, I will not be surprised if he probably had dinner yesterday at Lau Par Sat, Checked into Shangri La, visited Sentosa, had lunch in Geylang and now having High Tea and having a good laugh in Good Wood Park.......

While people like me have nothing more than a pair of eyes and hope that our boys in blue and green can wisen up anc catch hold of him soon..... If he has not skipped the country

No comments: