Tuesday, April 03, 2007

They crack me up

I have a new distraction recently, they are in the form of a blog.
This makes an interesting reading if nothing else. They are extremely well written and I seriously enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy reading Dilbert.

Some of my favourites

My Thoughts In Hougang

"One cannot claim that he is a taxpayer and should benefit from the likes of those in a PAP constituency when he voted for the opposition."
I am sorry, but what does being a taxpayer has to do with what the fucked he/she voted. And in fact, does this means that all the foreign talent, those expats, tourists, children, voted?? I don't think so. In case you forgotten, those in Hougang are Singapore citizen staying in a part of Singapore, not the federal republic of hougang. Just simply because they have different political inclination robs them of the same entitlement compared to the rest of the nation? They get punished collectively for that? Last I heard, we are still having a voting democratic republic, no???

The Green Eyed Monster

Said that we are pissed with the pay rise of the ministers because we are envious. I had say this once, and I will say it again, I am definitively envious when I have a pay rise that will just slightly offset the GST increase, I know some others out there does not even get paid because they don't have a job. We have some people here who can set their own benchmark and decide their own pay and raise it not by 1 or 2%, not 10 or 20, but 100%.....
I am not really worried about what talents we retained, but rather, what kind of talent we will get. I know of teachers who got into the teaching profession not because they have the passion to teach, but because it is one of the highest paid job with excellent benefits in the civil service. They might pass for the good in the head, but some have nary any fire in the heart. It is nothing more than a job and the parents and students nothing more than customers and products and they will do anything to churn out good grades, holistic education, building characters, let the other suckers worry about that.

Which the next one is really a clincher
Bill Gates+George Soros+Mother Theresa - How Much $$
That got me worried....
In case you are a mac fanatics and have never used a Windoze machine, Bill Gates is one of the wealthiest man in the world by creating a product that has so many security and performance issues that it needs security patches before it is officially released. MSFT's monopoly is also earning it tonnes of lawsuit all over the world. Now, that makes sense why we got shit load of problem when we talk about Shin corp. Soros? Yes, a fantastic investor which also brought about the Asian Currency crisis. Hmmm.....so we have people that goes about taking profit while the rest of the world burn...how nice....And Mother Theresa, it couldn't get more wrong....she devoted most of her life taking care of the poorest destitute in the world.....for free....

And yes, I can go on and on.....

But hell, you go read it and draw your own conclusion, have a good laugh if you find it funny. If you don't like it, just click that x at the top right hand corner and you will be done. And if those from youngpapblog dislike what I like, you can click off from this page.

And just so you know, I have had a terribly enjoyable read and please do keep up the good work

No comments: